We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world?s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. Our branch in Austria with its office in Salzburg is looking for a
Junior – Video Engineer (Editor) / Cutter (m/w/d)
In this your role you are responsible for supporting global video/technical operations in our Salzburg office. This includes a range of non-linear editing tasks, promo/sizzle reel builds, vertical video creation, compliance edits to fulfill required S&P standards, video content Quality Control and remediation, light closed captioning, subtitling, transcoding, and any administrative services related to the aforementioned functions.
- You are acting as a technical point of contact and operator related to video production and post-production workflows.
- You efficiently utilize various audio, video, and ancillary production, and post-production tools.(common compression systems, encoders, decoders, converters, pre-processing systems, subtitling and closed captioning software)
- You edit, compress and quality check audio, video, and captions program material for subsequent productization and archive.
- You review (and create) automated + manual Master Quality Control reports with an attention to detail to systematically flag potential issues or concerns with the content of those reports.
- You update and maintain content metadata for incoming assets, utilizing 3rd party and proprietary tracking and asset management systems.
- You make sound, independent decisions, and know when to escalate issues.
- 1+ years of editing experience in the digital video and audio post-production sectors.
- Thorough working knowledge of video editing, encoding, audio and video mastering and their common failures or technical challenges.
- Strong expertise and experience in audio, video, and caption-based workflows utilizing tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, DaVinci Resolve, and MacCaption.
- The aptitude to normalize, modify, and prepare file-based content to defined specifications and workflows.
- In depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting in a Mac-based work environment with a variety of 3rd party applications.
- Keen knowledge of production/post production infrastructure requirements as it relates to enabling overall supply chain workflows.
We are offering a full-time position where you will be working with colleagues in Los Angeles, London & Nashville – in this truly international setup you will make a real impact on how our artists? content is consumed and recognized in the marketplace.
There are lots of opportunities to take on responsibilities & learn new skills ? you will be working with people that are considered best in industry.
Compensation is based on the collective bargaining agreement (minimum 2.428? gross per month), a market adequate package will be offered considering your skills & experience. Additional benefits we provide are e.g. free premium coffee, parking, access to the nearby airport canteen, employee discounts etc.
If you are interested, please send us your application & CV to: email@example.com